Friday, July 13, 2007

Arthur Group Testimonial

Below is an account of one person's experience with the Arthur Group that was left as a comment. I am posting it here so more people will read it.


My experience was very negative of the Arthur Group (I've noticed tonight that the Arthur Group has removed itself from Indeed.com and hence erased the 57 comments, 53 of which were very negative and 4 appeared to be from the Arthur Group...).

Look here it is - I got drawn into the trap of giving them $3,000 for services for resume preparation, blue print and letter sending. I basically met these guys over 2.5 months once a week, while they read my thoughts, chatted to me for an hour about nothing in particular and then I left to do the next section of my resume! Finally, I finished my resume and they moved me to letter sending out.

They gave me a companies register and asked me to review it and identify the companies I wanted to them to send my resume to. They offered no insight at all, nor were there any client relationships with any business. I never met anyone to put me in front of, from their clients? At the interview (with my wife?) they told me that they had clients willing to pay me $200k+ and it was wise for them to prepare me for their clients positions. They're assistance had "never" failed to place a candidate, even though their owner Barry Trimble, wouldn't declare how many people had ever been placed.

Also, the letter writing, my wife and I were told, had never failed to place a client! After the convincing sales pitch, you're left thinking why I'd be stupid not to pay them for the services, after all I'm paying them 11% for placement and these fees come out of the fee. Thankfully, I had the sense not to pay for interview skills and just told that I'd never failed an interview and as such I'd run with my own instincts. Barry, was certainly a little upset on this, as he wanted to charge me about 2-3k for this!

Finally, no one ever called me after the resume was complete, letters went out, no one called, I registered nearly a year ago and have never had even so much as a courtesy call from them since I last spoke to them months ago. Since, this I've been meeting lots of business contacts and I drop the name The Arthur Group and I've had condolences, some saying those guys should be put out of business, I thought that they were shut down, didn't the Attorney General shut them down for malpractice, etc, etc - really I felt like a moron every time I mentioned their dumb name.

My experience has left me realizing that they have no real clients, they skim jobs off the internet sites, there business model is to take 10-15 times market rate for resume writing (actually, they don't even write it).

I wouldn't recommend them to anyone and would stay away.

I would definately consider supporting a class action against them for malpractice

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We have not removed the forum just the job postings. Sorry for the confusion.
http://www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/Arthur.html

Unknown said...

clarification- Indeed removed job postings from The Arthur Group from their search index but still hosts the forum.

Anonymous said...

It's really very nice to learn that I wasn't the only person who was taken by the Arthur Group. As you implied, I left the Arthur Group with a $4,000 charge to my credit card and like you I didn't see a single job interview much less a phone call from a prospective employer. I'd love to support a class action suit, as a matter of fact when I learned that the MN Attorney General was doing just that I was eager to add my name to the list, sadly for me I'm a Wisconsin resident and was excluded from all action being taken by the Minnesota Attorney General's Office.

I hope that your website helps others avoid the misfortune of working with The Arthur Group...especially in times like these!

Anonymous said...

Actually, he never had to pay a penny to anyone. Michael Myser lied about his relationship with Arthur Group so that he could get in the paper as a hero and then run for mayor of Prior Lake. Then to top it off when the Attorney General called him as a witness, he refused to testify. Did you also know that he sued CareerBuilder and was paid thousands of dollars? He did it as a class action, but I wonder if any of you saw any money. The fact that none of this was true means that he has probably broken a few laws in doing this. The employees Ed Guk, Sean Durose, and Pat Powers were disgruntled employees who failed in their jobs and blamed Trimble for it. I was in the courtroom when the judge said that Trimble was an honest and hardworking entrepreneur and that the Attorney General called her press conference to "Invite" complaints. He put this in his order. Read it for yourself. For once, say something that you actually have the facts about. It always surprises me when people can celebrate that a man lost his home, even put smiley faces on their comments and in fact this man did absolutely nothing wrong and lost his home because of you and people like you. That is why the judge sided with him. You think you did something honorable? The judge, who actually saw all of the Attorney General’s evidence wrote, in his order, that there was absolutely no fraud, no deception, no dishonesty of any kind and that the Attorney General's best witnesses actually endorsed the services they purchased while on the witness stand. He also wrote in his order that anyone believing that another person could guarantee them a job, was defying logic (also in the order).
This is what happens when people like you rally against someone without malice or any evidence of any kind. Shame on you for doing this to another person. Whether you like this man or hate him, what you did is reprehensible. Also, Trimble can own a business if he wants either recruiting or outplacement or any other kind of business. The Judge complimented this man. That is in the order too. But obviously you didn’t read it.
Now, if any further comment is made on this blog, that states otherwise is libel. To the owner of this blog, you might think about getting a lawyer. Every day that this blog is live, you are committing libel. To the writers in the blog, you may list yourselves as anonymous but in fact your signature is your IP address, which you cannot hide.
li•bel
noun
Law - defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.
the act or crime of publishing it.
a formal written declaration or statement, as one containing the allegations of a plaintiff or the grounds of a charge.
anything that is defamatory or that maliciously or damagingly misrepresents.